FEANI maintains an INDEX listing the institutions of engineering higher education in European countries represented within FEANI, and their engineering programmes, which are all recognized by FEANI as fulfilling the mandatory education requirements for the EUR ING title.
The FEANI INDEX is regularly updated and maintained by the FEANI Secretariat. Schools and programmes are submitted for inclusion in the FEANI INDEX by the respective National Member, subject to approval by the EMC (European Monitoring Committee), according to the ‘FEANI INDEX Procedures to analyse proposals from National Members’.
Since February 2007, the EMC accepts the programmes accredited by agencies authorized to grant the EUR-ACE label. Follow this link to have the lists of EUR-ACE accredited programmes.
The FEANI INDEX comprises:
- Short description of the engineering education as part of each national educational system.
- Names of accepted institutions of engineering higher education and programmes (names of schools in the national language and in English, names of programmes only in a FEANI language (EN, FR, DE).
- Academic title in the national language, full and abbreviated.
- Nominal duration of study expressed as B+(x)U+(y)T (see FEANI Guide).
- The year for major changes, if any.
Being approved by all FEANI National Members, the FEANI INDEX is an authoritative source of information about national engineering education systems and educational institutions. The INDEX is used by major European industries in aeronautics, automobile, power, information technologies, ... For cross checking engineers applications.
In case a EUR ING candidate wants to know, before applying, if the school she/he graduated from as well as the course she/he followed to achieve her/his degree is recognised by FEANI, she/he may ask this question to the relevant National Monitoring Committee directly.